Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
Learning about Armistice Day and joining the whole school for a minutes silence.
- Painting our clay divas.
- Talking about our 5th of November, Guy Fawkes and bonfire night experiences and drawing and writing about them.
- Making firework collages, sugar water pictures and using tennis balls to create a large firework frieze.
- Baking Pudsey cakes.
- Making a card and saying goodbye to Mrs Pendery.
Read Write Inc.
Reception children have been
- learning the sounds th, z and ch and how to write these correctly. They have used magnet boards to make simple words from the sounds learnt so far, blending the sounds to make words and then write the words. Please continue to practise these sounds at home we have nearly completed the first set of sounds and shall be assessing the children towards the end of term to establish how to group them next term.
Nursery children have been
- learning the sound i.
- enjoying song and rhyme sessions.
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Our next sound will be j.
Our focus children for Learning Journeys are: Barney, Elodie, Imogen and Bonnie
Tuesday Forest School Group 2 Children will need their full kit and layers as it is getting cold.
Please ensure that your child has a complete change of NAMED clothes in their drawstring bag as they often get wet or muddy.
The Foundation Stage Team