Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week
- Looking at different types of spiders.
- Learning about autumn. Observing, comparing and describing autumn objects, hedgehog collages, conker rolling patterns, squashed blackberry symmetry pictures.
- Finding out about pirates and their ships, lots of imaginative play and making props and maps.
- Reception children attended Collective Worship with Mrs Collins at St Peter’s Church.
Read Write Inc.
Reception children have been
- learning the sounds e,l and h and how to write these correctly. They have used magnet boards to make simple words from the sounds learnt so far, blending the sounds to make words and then write the words.
Nursery children have been
- learning the sound f.
- enjoying song and rhyme sessions and stories and rhymes about Autumn
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be g.
Our focus children for Learning Journeys are: Josh, Lincoln, Ryley and Courtney.
Tuesday Forest School Group 1 Children will need their full kit and layers as it is getting cold.
Please ensure that your child has a complete change of NAMED clothes in their drawstring bag as they often get wet or muddy.
The Foundation Stage Team