Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week
- Autumnal activities, threading repeating patterns with conkers and leaves, printing with hands and fingers to create autumn tree pictures, printing repeating patterns with circles and ovals, counting using conkers and acorns
- Imaginative play in a woodland den.
- Investigating spirals.
- Making clay spiders.
- Drawing self portraits for the FOHNS tea towels which are going to look fabulous and are a must for Christmas stockings, a subtle hint for help drying up on Christmas Day!
Read Write Inc.
Reception children have been
- learning the sounds sh, r and j and how to write these correctly. They have used magnet boards to make simple words from the sounds learnt so far, blending the sounds to make words and then write the words.
Nursery children have been
- learning the sound g.
- enjoying song and rhyme sessions and stories and rhymes about Autumn
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Our next sound will be h.
Next Week Happy Holiday
After the holiday:
Our focus children for Learning Journeys are: Rowan, Chloe, Ava W and Emily B .
Tuesday Forest School Group 2 Children will need their full kit and layers as it is getting cold.
Please ensure that your child has a complete change of NAMED clothes in their drawstring bag as they often get wet or muddy.
The Foundation Stage Team