Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Cooking and tasting popcorn in the forest.
- Finishing writing labels for our character photos to make a class book.
- Observing the change in the daffodils as they decay and making 3D models of daffodils.
- Designing and making houses out of paper with windows and doors that open.
- Printing with blocks to create buildings.
- Planting pumpkin seeds.
- Making sponge cake.
Reception children have been
- Talking about opposites.
- Counting in tens with the 100 square.
- Looking at 100 numbers to 1000.
Read Write Inc.
- Reviewing set 1 sounds,focus on sh,r,g. blending them in simple words. Using magnet boards to form simple rhyming words and writing in their Busy Books working on letter names, sound and formation.
- Using the Red Ditty Books for reading a story, practising letter formation, and writing sentences independently.
- Learning the new sounds ar and or.
Nursery children have been
- Listening to stories.
- Phonics sessions with Boris the Bat.
- talking about the letter of the week.
- Singing traditional nursery rhymes
Please help them to
- Be familiar with some traditional rhymes.
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be v.
Next Week Forest Group 1
Thursday: Reception children will be walking to St Peter’s Church for KS1 Collective Worship with Mrs Collins. Please ensure they have a hat, coat and sensible shoes.
Please sign up if you are able to walk down with us. Thank you
The Foundation Stage Team