Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Observing our caterpillars as they turn into chrysalides. All five have survived and we now await the arrival of our butterflies.
- Printing with butterfly shapes.
- Painting a butterfly garden.
- All children enjoyed PE on the field. Please ensure that they have suitable shoes for running in on a Monday and Wednesday No crocs or sandals.
- Reception children had their vision screened on Thursday.
- Using their imagination to design an imaginary hat after listening to the story Millie’s Marvellous Hat by Satoshi Kitamura
- Practising the alphabet song and learning the names of the letters.
Read Write Inc.
- Writing and using magnet boards to make rhyming words
- Reviewing set 2 sounds and blending them in words.
- Using their phonic knowledge to read and write simple words and sentences.
Nursery children have been
- Listening to stories.
- Singing traditional nursery rhymes and ring games.
Please help them to
- Be familiar with some traditional rhymes.
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be f.
Mrs Macdonald has to order the food on Monday for the all day forest visits. Please hand in your contributions so she knows who to buy food for.
Forest School group 2. Please ensure that children have their full kit.
Waterproof coats and trousers are essential whatever the weather as they protect from stinging nettles and ticks.
Reception children will be visiting their new class on Wednesday morning
The Foundation Stage Team