Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Experimenting with water, canals and guttering and finding out how water flows.
- Designing a pattern for a t shirt.
- Maths activities-doubling, sharing,1 more than, 1 less than.
- Talking about 2D and 3D shapes
- Problem solving and persisting doing jigsaw puzzles.
- Drawing together to create a giant street scene.
Read Write Inc.
- Reviewing set 1 sounds and blending them in simple words.
- Using magnet boards to make simple words and then writing them in our books.
- Reviewing set 2 sounds
- Using their phonic knowledge to read and write simple words and sentences.
Nursery children have been
- Listening to stories.
- Phonics activities with Boris the Bat and writing on white boards.
- Singing traditional nursery rhymes and ring games.
Please help them to
- Be familiar with some traditional rhymes.
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. The sound after half term will be c.
Half Term holiday. Please take home a WOW! sheet.
Tuesday 3rd June: Forest School group 1 . The morning group will not be able to go unless we have a parent to help. Please ensure that children have their full kit. Waterproof coats and trousers are essential whatever the weather.
Reception children will need their PE kits in a drawstring bag. Please make sure all items are labelled.
The Foundation Stage Team