Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Talking, drawing and writing about autumn and the changes we can see. Learning new vocabulary, hibernation, migration, talking about how animals prepare for winter
- Painting pictures relating to the story Oliver’s Vegetables.
- Talking about feelings, what makes us happy and sad?
- Enjoying the stories of The Enormous Turnip, Oliver’s Vegetables,
- Using different containers to blow a variety of bubbles.
- Making pulleys to lift a rabbit into a tree.
Read Write Inc. Reception children have been
- Using the sounds learnt so far to read simple words and make them on magnet boards.
Part time children have been
- learning the sound d.
- listening to different sounds made by percussion instruments. Playing the instruments and learning the difference between loud/soft, fast/slow, long and short sounds
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be e.
- Enjoying stories Oliver’s vegetables, The Enormous Turnip, The Pied Piper, Today is Monday and the songs heads shoulders knees and toes, the wheels on the bus with lots of sounds to go with it.
Our focus children will be Heath, Darcy L, Maisie Olly and Darcey DB.
Tuesday GROUP 1 FOREST
Children will need their full kit. Please remember to name everything.
They do not have to wear school uniform on their forest day but must have a complete change of named clothes in their drawstring bag on their peg. (Should be there at all times anyway)
No rucksacks please as the children then can’t fit their coats on their pegs
Thursday all children will attend whole school Collective Worship to celebrate Harvest.
The Foundation Stage Team