Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Welcoming a new child Freya into the class.
- Looking at the letters in our names and making name collages.
- Making short and tall towers.
- Finding out about electrical circuits and how to light up a bulb.
- Using our phonic knowledge to spell simple words.
- Finding out about Thanksgiving Day.
- Learning about kittens (BBCMeet the Kittens is a fantastic documentary that Ms Kershaw discovered)
Read Write Inc.
Reception children have been
- Revising all of set 1 sounds. They have used magnet boards to make simple words from the sounds learnt so far, blending the sounds to make words and then write the words. Please continue to practise these sounds at home we have now completed the first set of sounds and shall be assessing the children next week to establish how to group them next term.
Nursery children have been
- learning the sound k.
- enjoying song and rhyme sessions and learning about kittens.
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Our next sound will be l.
Our focus children for Learning Journeys are: Sam, Scarlott . Victoria and Ava L.
Tuesday Forest School Group 2 Children will need their full kit and layers as it is getting cold.
Please ensure that your child has a complete change of NAMED clothes in their drawstring bag as they often get wet or muddy.
The Foundation Stage Team