Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
• Lots of imaginative construction models and large brick structures.
• Writing instructions for something we have made.
• Listening to the story The Queen’s Knickers and designing a pair of knickers for The Queen.
• Observing and drawing tadpoles from the pond.
• Termly meetings with parents. Please speak to your child’s key person if you have not already done so.
Read Write Inc.
• Consolidating set 1 sounds and blending them to make words, playing phonic games and working on letter formation.
Reading a simple story, filling in missing words in a sentence, holding and writing a sentence. Revising the sound ay and writing a sentence with words that have the ay sound in it.
Reading a simple story, filling in missing words in a sentence, holding and writing a sentence. Writing words with ow and oo sounds. Writing a sentence with words that have the ow and oo sounds in.
Nursery children have been
Listening for sounds at home and at school, going on a listening walk, listening to the beats of a drum and copying a clapping rhythm
Monday Student Sophie O Sullivan will be talking to the children about their play. Please see separate mail/letter for more information and return the slip on the letter sent out today if you do not want your child to be filmed/interviewed.
Tuesday Forest School Group 1 Please ensure that your child has their full kit as it causes delay and a shorter session for the whole group if staff have to find kit for them. Thank you
Due to the fact that we may be moving into the new classrooms next week there will be no focus children/learning journeys.
The Foundation Stage Team