Thank you to those who attended our maths evening on Tuesday. We hope that you found it informative and enjoyed seeing all the fantastic work that the children have been doing and the resources available to them.
Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
We have continued to enjoy lots of activities relating to the Gingerbread Man story.
- Setting up and using a gingerbread shop for imaginative play and learning how to use 1p coins to pay for our shapes.
- Making gingerbread men and ladies to eat.
- Making a gingerbread man number line, writing and ordering numerals 1-10
Reception children have been
- writing and retelling our own class version of the Gingerbread Man story.
- taking turns to act out the story.
Read Write Inc.
Are having their daily phonics sessions in the library.
- Reviewing set 1 sounds using magnet boards and writing in their Busy Books
- Using the new Red Ditty Books for reading a story, practising letter formation, and writing sentences independently.
- Revising the sounds sh,ch,qu,th,ng,nk
- Learning the new sound ay.
Nursery children have been
- enjoying phonics sessions with Boris the Bat.
- talking about the letter of the week,
- participating in ring games and action rhymes.
Please help them to
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next term’s sound will be p.
Forest Group 2
Thank you to those who have signed up especially the Monelle family. Please remember full kit and lots of layers, hats and gloves.
The Foundation Stage Team