Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Talking about Remembrance Sunday experiences and attending whole school one minutes silence or watching it on the Interactive board. Children in the forest held a minutes silence at 11am and heard a cannon from Swalcliffe fire to signal the start and finish.
- Printing with poppy shapes and creating poppies from card/lolly sticks and buttons to create a field of Remembrance like the one we saw on the Interactive board at the Tower of London.
- Reception children attended Church for a special Service and Remembrance KS1 Collective Worship with Mrs Collins.
- Lighting our divas and talking about different types of lights.
- Experimenting with electrical circuits to light bulbs, buzz buzzers and move propellers.
- Adding our photos to the friendship tree
- Drawing and writing in our books.
Read Write Inc. Reception children have been
- Learning the sounds r,v,j,y.w How to form them correctly and using the sounds learnt to read and write simple words .
Part time children have been
- learning the sound i.
- hearing and saying the sounds in simple consonant, vowel, consonant (CVC) words eg p,i,g pig,
- playing rhyming games.
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be j.
Our focus children will be. Jack, Milo, James, Laila.
Tuesday GROUP 2 FOREST
Children will need their full kit. Lots of warm layers. Please remember to name everything.
No rucksacks please.
The Foundation Stage Team