Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Phonics assessments
- Making summer collages
- Continuing to make clocks and learning to use the vocabulary associated with time eg clock face, long hand, short hand, hours, minutes, o’clock times.
- Reception children attended Collective Worship led by Janet Collins.
- Printing repeating patterns.
- Observing workers making a survey of our drains and finding out what the different colours of markings on the ground were. We then made a chart to record our findings.
- Information writing how to make a clock.
Read Write Inc.
- Reviewing set 1 sounds and blending them in simple words.
- Reviewing set 2 sounds
- Using their phonic knowledge to read and write simple words and sentences.
Nursery children have been
- Listening to stories.
- Singing traditional nursery rhymes and ring games.
Please help them to
- Be familiar with some traditional rhymes.
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be b.
Tuesday: Forest School group 2. Please ensure that children have their full kit.Waterproof coats are essential. Thank you to all parents who have signed up to come with us.
Friday: Finish at usual time for half-term break
The Foundation Stage Team