Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Talking about, drawing and painting pictures of our pets and creating bar charts to discover which was the most popular pet.
- Harvesting the lavender and setting up a lavender shop outside. (coin recognition, shopkeeper role play and language, writing signs and names on order forms.
- Cake making, talking about birthday cakes and counting candles on cakes.
- Enjoying the stories of Polar Bear, Polar Bear What do you Hear?, A Squash and a Squeeze, (Yellow Room) Old Bear Stories and Happy Birthday Sam, Kipper (Red Room)
- Read Write Inc.
Reception children have been
- Making three letter words with the sounds m, a, s d and t which they learnt last week. How to write these sounds correctly.
Part time children have been
- learning the sound b.
- starting letters and sounds phonics programme working on sitting and listening to different sounds. Thank you for helping them to complete their homework listening for sounds in the home.
- Naming parts of the body, being aware of the function of eyes, ears and noses (some interesting ideas!)
- joining in with the words and actions to heads shoulders knees and toes.
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be c.
- Enjoying stories: Polar Bear, Polar Bear what do you Hear? Wake up Bear! The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear.
Reception children and Key Stage 1 will be attending Collective Worship with Mrs Collins.
Please check Forest School board for group lists and parents rota.
The Foundation Stage Team