Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- In preparation for our theatre visit next week to see Mother Goose which is set in Scandinavia we have been looking at maps and globes to see where it was and making flags. The children were very interested in the North Pole so we looked at the North and South Poles and some of the animals who live there. We watched a clip from episode 2 of BBC Life Story that showed an Arctic fox hunting for a lemming.
Read Write Inc. Reception children have been
- using the sounds learnt to read and write simple words and make them on magnet boards.
Part time children have been
- learning the sound j.
- talking about rhyming words and continuing rhyming strings.
- Learning the hokey cokey.
Please help them to find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be k.
Our focus children will be. Charlie, Roma, Ava.
Tuesday GROUP 1 FOREST
Children will need their full kit. Lots of warm layers. Please remember to name everything.
No rucksacks please.
Mother Goose Thursday 27th November
All children need to be in school for registration by 9am. We shall be leaving by 9.15am and return at approximately 1pm.
Children will need;
- To wear school uniform.
- A coat/hood/hat and sensible shoes.
- A drink in a named resealable plastic bottle.
- Part time Nursery children will need a packed lunch. The kitchen will make a packed lunch for every Full time Reception child (as they receive free meals). The children have chosen which sandwiches they would like.
- Part time Nursery children may be collected from 2pm or at 3.10pm if that is more convenient
- If you have any questions please speak to your child’s key person thank you.