Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Phonics assessments
- We smiled for our class photographs.
- Making clocks and learning to use the vocabulary associated with time eg clock face, long hand, short hand, hours, minutes, o’clock times.
- Reception children attended a sharing act of Worship organised by some Year 5 children.
- Helping the new children to settle in.
- SIAMS (Statutory inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools)
Read Write Inc.
- Reviewing 2 letters 1 sound ch, sh, th, ng, nk and blending them in simple words.
- Writing simple words and using magnet boards.
- Reviewing set 2 sounds
- Using their phonic knowledge to read and write simple words.
Nursery children have been
- Listening to stories.
- Singing traditional nursery rhymes and ring games.
Please help them to
- Be familiar with some traditional rhymes.
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be a.
Forest School will begin on Tuesday 13th May. Please ensure that children have their full kit. Waterproof coats are essential. Thank you to all parents who have signed up to come with us.
The Foundation Stage Team