Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Cooking and tasting pancakes both in school and in the forest.
- Dressing up as our favourite story book character.
- Writing labels for our character photos to make a class book.
Reception children have been
- Ways of making ten
- Looking at the properties of a cuboid.
- Counting in two’s
Read Write Inc.
- Reviewing set 1 sounds, focus on l, blending them in simple words. Using magnet boards to form simple rhyming words and writing in their Busy Books working on letter names, sound and formation.
- Using the Red Ditty Books for reading a story, practising letter formation, and writing sentences independently.
Nursery children have been
- Listening to stories.
- Phonics sessions with Boris the Bat.
- talking about the letter of the week.
- Singing traditional nursery rhymes
Please help them to
- Be familiar with some traditional rhymes.
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be u.
Forest Group 2
There is no parent helper for Forest Group1AM on 18th March. Please sign up if you are available otherwise we won’t be able to go.
The Foundation Stage Team