We hope that you had a lovely break. Don’t forget to collect a WOW! sheet from the cloakroom we’d like to know what you have been doing at home. Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Using watercolour paints and feathers to make crowns.
- Combining two groups of objects and recording as a sum eg. 4+4=8.
- Looking for number patterns on our new giant 100 square.
- Observing spring flowers and recording what we could see by drawing and painting.
- Printing with different sized flower cutters.
- Making a get well card for Ms Kershaw
Reception children have been
- Learning how to use a 100 square.
Read Write Inc.
- Reviewing set 1 sounds, blending them in simple words. Using magnet boards to form simple words and writing in their Busy Books working on letter formation.
- Using the Red Ditty Books for reading a story, practising letter formation, and writing sentences independently.
- Learning the new sound long oo as in zoo and short oo as in book.
Nursery children have been
- Listening to stories.
- talking about the letter of the week.
- Singing traditional nursery rhymes
Please help them to
- Be familiar with some traditional rhymes.
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next week’s sound will be t.
Forest Group 1
Some children still do not have a change of clothes on their pegs. It is very wet and muddy outside so please ensure that there are named clothes in their bags. Wellies are the best footwear for working outside.
The Foundation Stage Team