Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
- Making strawberry smelling playdough and using it for imaginative play.
- Drawing, painting and cutting spiral shapes.
- Printing repeating patterns with spiral printing blocks.
- Looking at spiral shaped fossils (ammonites) and using books and the internet to find out about them
- Watercolour paintings about the weather
- Telling our own versions of the gingerbread man.
- Cooking gingerbread heart biscuits.
Reception children have been
Read Write Inc.
- Reviewing set 1sounds b,f,e,and blending them in simple words. Using magnet boards to form simple words and writing in their Busy Books working on letter formation.
- Using the Red Ditty Books for reading a story, practising letter formation, and writing sentences independently.
- Learning the new sound ow (blow the snow)
Nursery children have been
- enjoying phonics sessions with Boris the Bat practising the sounds learnt so far and sequencing them, listening and saying which was the first, middle and last sound.
- talking about the letter of the week.
- action songs
Please help them to
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next term’s sound will be s.
Next Week is Half Term Break
After half term
Please ensure all clothing is named and ALL children have a change of clothes as it is very wet and muddy outside. Wellies are the best footwear for working outside.
There is no Forest School on Tuesday 25th February as Mrs Macdonald will be on a course in Oxford.
We hope that you all have a lovely break.
The Foundation Stage Team