Here are some of the things that we have been doing this week:
We have been learning about Chinese New Year.
- Drawing, cutting, folding and sticking to make Chinese lion puppets.
- Cutting and sticking to make money packets and decorating with Chinese writing and numerals.
- Making and decorating Chinese lanterns
- Full time children enjoyed a special Chinese lunch on Thursday.
- Using the interactive whiteboard to watch the Chinese lion dance in London and other information and story programmes relating to Chinese New Year.
Reception children have been
Read Write Inc.
Are having their daily phonics sessions in the library.
- Reviewing set 1sounds i,n,p,g,o, and blending them in simple words. Using magnet boards to form simple words and writing in their Busy Books working on letter formation.
- Using the new Red Ditty Books for reading a story, practising letter formation, and writing sentences independently.
- Learning the new sound ee
Nursery children have been
- enjoying phonics sessions with Boris the Bat learning the sounds sh,s,l,m,r.
- talking about the letter of the week,
- participating in ring games and action rhymes.
Please help them to
- find objects at home that begin with our sound of the week and bring them for the display table. Next term’s sound will be q.
Please ensure all clothing is named and ALL children have a change of clothes as it is very wet and muddy outside.
We have had a few cases of conjunctivitis this is highly contagious so if your child’s eyes look sore, red or sticky please seek medical advice and treat it so as not to pass it on to others.
Forest Group 1
The Foundation Stage Team