Welcome back – I hope you were able to enjoy some of the lovely sunny weather we had over half term.
I would like to welcome Adam Lawrence as our new parent governor. Adam has children in Reception and Y4.
School Activities this week:.
- Y2 are currently at Weston-Super-Mare and are, no doubt, having a wonderful time.
- Y5 have had a truffle making competition with the winning recipe being made next week to sell as part of our Erasmus project on developing entrepreneurial skills. Mrs Hope has had the tough task of judging!
- To mark the start of our new Owl value based on preserving the environment we celebrated World Ocean Day in Collective Worship. We talked about the scourge of plastic in the sea and how we can all do our bit by taking our litter home from the beach.
- We also discussed the general election today and explored the British value of Democracy. Lots of children were excited to have accompanied their parents to the polling station to vote.
- The school hosted partnership training for Chipping Norton schools to look at assessment and the work of an ‘average’ child in every year group. Staff found this a very worthwhile activity and supported their professional judgements across the curriculum. Our standards of presentation, handwriting, marking and content shone through. Teachers from the partnership schools were also very impressed with our new classrooms and the Foundation Stage outdoor area.
- Mrs Nixon and Miss Persaud attended Foundation Stage training where the school was held up as a ‘beacon’ and other schools were invited to visit our setting.
- The Pay & Personnel committee met this week and approved several policies and discussed staffing and budget.
Head Lice: There have been head lice reported in Y5; please check hair thoroughly and treat if necessary.
This Week we have said ‘Well Done’ to :.Freya Woolston, Oliver Cutter, Emma Barnett, Amillie Tustain, All Y4, Alfie Sabin, Toby Luxton, Victoria Wilson, James Hicks.
Out of School Achievements:. Swimming: Otto Thompson 100m, Rosie Petre Stage 10 and the ASA Honours Award.
Owl Value: Environment Preservation
Genesis 2:15 ‘The Lord god put man in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.’
Mrs S Belgrove