Welcome to the first edition of Nursery News this term. This is a weekly newsletter for parents and carers to give you some idea of the things that your children have been busy doing each week and information about any events for the following week. All parents who have signed up for parentmail should receive this via text or email. Please speak to the Office if this is not the case.
Here are some of the things we have been busy doing this week:
- Welcoming and settling the new children. So far we have admitted fourteen new children who are all settling in well.
- Many pirate activities, making treasure maps and treasure chests, singing pirate songs, listening to pirate stories, using the large bricks to make a pirate ship for imaginative play, dressing up as pirates and having a pirate picnic lunch. All to celebrate the school’s 25th anniversary and the installation of the new pirate ship climbing frame.
- Learning to be independent, pouring our own drinks, using the toilet, putting our own coats on and helping to tidy up.
- Making glitter collages of the initial letters of our names.
- Making name labels for our drawers.
- Printing with leaves, numbers and vegetables.
- Observing the sunflowers and creating our own watercolour paintings.
- Enjoying stories and rhymes. Please sing at home, as learning rhymes is an important part of children’s literacy development.
Monday and Wednesday I will be on a course renewing my paediatric first aid certificate. Mrs Wright will be covering on both days.
Learning Journeys for: Louis and Evie.
All children will receive a Learning Journey in the autumn and spring terms and parents will be invited to make an appointment to discuss their child’s progress with their Key Person the week after their Learning Journey.
Mrs Macdonald and The Nursery Team