Here are some of the things we have been busy doing this week:
Completing Learning Journeys for Jessica, Noah and Mikaela.
- Observing our chrysalis and wondering how the butterfly will get out.
- Observing our froglets who are very jumpy and will be taken to the pond soon.
- Drawing self-portraits for our school reports.
- Lots of watering of our sunflowers and talking about how to care for our garden and the creatures in it in this hot weather.
- Investigating floating and sinking. Can you find five things that float at home?
- The collared doves who had nested in the guttering have been feeding their two chicks, teaching them to fly and drinking from the birdbath we created for them. (We have named them Peter and Paul)
- Learning how to use a microphone, recording our voices and singing songs.
- Saying the initial sounds of our names and playing I spy and rhyming games.
- On Friday we went on the field to practise for our Sports Day which is Tuesday 11th July at 10.30 am and 2.10pm
Learning journeys for Lucas, Struan and Conner.
Tuesday Forest Group 1 all day visit Please arrive by 9am collect at 3.10 as usual. Children must have wellies, waterproof trousers and a waterproof coat to protect from stinging nettles, tics and the weather.
Wednesday Children transferring to Reception will go to their new class after registration in the Nursery as usual. Afternoon children should arrive at 9am and be collected at 11.30 unless it is their full day.
Friday 1.30 Library visit please sign up if you are able to help to walk with us. Thank you
The Nursery Team