Welcome to the first edition of Nursery News. This is a weekly newsletter for parents and carers to give you some idea of the things that your children have been busy doing each week and information about any events for the following week. All parents who have signed up for parentmail should receive this via email. Please speak to the Office if this is not the case.
Here are some of the things we have been busy doing this week:
- Welcoming and settling the new children. So far we have admitted 13 new children who are all settling in well.
- Completing Learning Journeys for Maddie and Harrison. All children will receive a Learning Journey each term and parents will be invited to make an appointment to discuss their child’s progress with their Key Person the week after the Learning Journey.
- Making collages with straws,practising using scissors. ( please support the children by practising this at home)
- Learning to be independent, pouring our own drinks, using the toilet and putting our own coats on.
- Making hand prints for a new key person display.
- Making fruit smoothies.
- Enjoying stories and rhymes. Please sing Hickory, Dickory, Dock and Baa, Baa black sheep at home as learning rhymes is an important part of children’s literacy development.
Learning Journeys for:Florence, Rosie and Noah
New children starting