Here are some of the things we have been busy doing this week:
• The new Nursery children come to visit.
• We released our beautiful butterflies into the garden.
• Harvesting and eating our peas we have grown- very tasty!
• Group 1 went to the forest for the day.
• Printing and painting butterfly pictures.
• We all went to the whole school assembly to say goodbye to Rev John Acreman.
• Reception Staffing – We are delighted that Miss Hannah Mayall has been appointed as Reception Teacher to cover Mrs Nixon’s maternity leave from September. Parents/carers will have the opportunity to meet Miss Mayall at the transfer meeting in the Reception classroom at 2.45pm on Thursday 12 July.
Learning Journey for: Oliver P. Please make an appointment with your child’s key person the week after their Learning Journey
Tuesday Forest Group 2 All Day Visit Please remember to bring full forest kit, waterproof coat and trousers and wellies even in summer as they protect from stinging nettles and ticks. Thank you
Thursday New Nursery children come to visit.
Friday 1.30-3pm The rest of the school has a work sharing afternoon where children can show parents some of the work in their books (parents of older children do not get Learning Journeys). Parents of Nursery children are welcome to come and say hello to their child if they wish and talk with them about what they like doing at school. At 3pm parents/carers are welcome to enjoy the Choir performing in the Hall, this is followed by the Summer BBQ – see below.
FOHNS Summer BBQ – Friday 6 July, 3.15-6.30pm: The Friends are working hard organising lots of activities – the event starts off straight after school with lots of games, BBQ food, ice cream, activities on the new track (partly funded by FOHNS), raffle and licenced bar. Thank you all very much for your kind donations of sweets & prizes today. We would also appreciate your help with selling some raffle tickets which are being sent home today to be returned, sold (with money & stubs) or unsold, by Thursday 5 July please. Finally, if you are able to help with setting up from 9am, helping to run a stall or clearing away afterwards, we would be very pleased to hear from you (by e-mail please to email@example.com).
Nursery Sports 9.15am Tuesday 10th July
The Nursery Team