Here are some of the things we have been busy doing this week
* Completing Learning Journey for Arthur. Please make an appointment with your child’s Key Person the week after you receive their Learning Journey.
* New children visited.
* Listening to the story of The Nativity and talking about why people celebrate Christmas.
* Imaginative play with the playpeople Nativity set.
* Talking about and drawing what we would like to find in our Christmas stockings. We have sent these home as we thought you may find them interesting. ‘A person on a volcano’ might be a bit tricky for Santa!
* Watching the Dress Rehearsal of the Key Stage 1 production.
* Making salt dough stars with our initials on.
* Making glitter pine cone tree decorations.
* Starting to make our party hats. (children who stay for lunch on Thursday can wear them into Christmas Lunch)
* Practising singing for the Church Service on Thursday. Please sign up if you are able to walk down with us. Parents of afternoon children are welcome to meet us at St Peter’s.
Songs to practise: Tinga Layo, Little Donkey, Away in a Manger, Calypso Carol, On a Starry Night.
* Watching BBC Numbertime Programme and learning to write a number five.
Don’t forget Saturday 10th Dec 11am and 2pm The Snowman Film and Concert at St Peter’s Church Adults £6 Children 3 and over £4
Next Week: Learning Journeys for: none as last week of term all have been completed.
Tuesday New children will be visiting.
Wednesday 14th December Nursery Christmas Party Lunch and Games 12.30-3.10 There will be no morning session on this day. All children are invited to attend from 12.30-3.10 in party clothes. Any questions please see Mrs Macdonald. Thank you to those who have already signed up on the list for donations of food. Please bring in non-perishables on Tuesday and the sandwiches on the day thank you.
Thursday 15th Dec – Christmas Carol Concert at St Peter’s Church – 9.30-10.30am
Friday End of term, School finishes at 2pm
The Nursery Team