“Live Love Care Think Learn Dare”
Hook Norton Church of England Primary School has served the community of Hook Norton and the surrounding villages as a church controlled school for over a hundred years. As a Voluntary Controlled Church of England school we aim to reflect our Christian foundation in all aspects of school life. Being Voluntary Controlled means that the Local Education Authority employs the school staff and provides our budget.
All children are welcomed into a caring, committed atmosphere, which promotes an attitude of mutual tolerance and understanding. From the age of 3 in our Nursery through to the age of 11 in Year 6, each child is nurtured and encouraged to give their best in all aspects of school and community life. On leaving, they are confident to make the most of the opportunities ahead of them having experienced the best possible education that follows from the school’s aims and objectives.
The school is a modern, purpose built design set in very attractive grounds on the Sibford Road in Hook Norton and is bordered by fields on two sides. It is bright and airy and very well maintained inside and out.
Comments on the school from Parents
'It is a safe and welcoming environment where all pupils are encouraged to develop a love of learning'.
"…a happy environment and the children are lovely."
"…a varied curriculum, high standards."
"I would recommend this school to anyone."
"Children are encouraged to explore plenty of topics within the curriculum."
"This is an exceptionally good primary school".
"The whole child is developed".
Our Facilities include:
- Eleven well resourced classrooms, some with shared areas between each pair of classrooms, including a brand new Foundation Stage with separate Nursery and Reception classes and a stunning outdoor area.
- A large hall/gym with an adjoining kitchen.
- A fully-equipped computer suite with 31 laptops, 16 iPads and a large screen projector for multiple viewing.
- A library.
- A large playing field marked out with football pitch and running track.
- An adventure playground.
- A wildlife garden with pond and children’s vegetable garden.
- Tarmac playground with a sports wall marked for games use.
- A study centre with kitchen, staff bedroom, laundry and shower facilities.
- A school kitchen serving a choice of freshly cooked hot meals daily.
- Wifi throughout the school.
- Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms.